Tuesday, April 13, 2010

long beautiful...hair

Hair.....hmmmm

Odd topic perhaps, but a topic that all can discuss.


It comes in colors, lengths, styles, textures, softness, sheen, or one can simply be bald.


My husband has a saying, "Better grey than neigh."


My husband had gorgeous thick hair that is greying around his temples, but has kept his color from behind. Unfortunately when he sees a picture of himself he only sees the grey in the front!


My son also has thick silky hair that grows soooo fast. It actually does grow like a weed.


One of my daughters had her head shaved as a baby, and her hair took ages to grow in. She needs to keep it a certain length for it to look her best. I love when she blows it out. She always looks great. And then there is the blonde. We really don't know where it came from, but the youngest of the bunch has long curly blond hair. People used to ask me if she was mine!

There is a play on Broadway that is a revival, and believe it or not it has the same name as our topic: HAIR.



She asks me why...I'm just a hairy guy

I'm hairy noon and night; Hair that's a fright.

I'm hairy high and low,

Don't ask me why; don't know!

It's not for lack of bread

Like the Grateful Dead; darling



Gimme a head with hair, long beautiful hair

Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there, hair!

Shoulder length, longer (hair!0

Here baby, there mama, everywhere daddy daddy



Chorus:

Hair!(hair, hair, hair, hair,hair,hair)

Flow it, Show it;
Long as God can grow it, My hair!




Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees

Give a home to the fleas, a hive for bees

A nest for birds, there ain't no words

For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of my



CHORUS



I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy

Snaggy, shaggy , ratty, matty

Oily, greasy, fleecy, shining

Gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen

Knotted, polka-dotted; Twisted, beaded, braided

Powdered, flowered, and confettied

Bangled, tangled, spangled and spaghetied!



O-oh, Say can you see; my eyes if you can,

Then my hair's too short!

Down to here, down to there,

Down to where, down to there;

It stops by itself!

doo doo doo doo doot-doot doo doo doot



They'll be ga-ga at the go-go

when they see me in my toga

My toga made of blond , brillianted, Biblical hair

My hair like Jesus wore it

Hallelujah I adore it

Hallelujah Mary loved her son

Why don't my Mother loves me?



***********************************************************************************





GRAMMAR POINT:
What is a homophone? Can you spot an example in the sentences above? Give ten more examples.





***********************************************************************************





DEFINITIONS:

Odd: strange

Sheen: a brilliant shine

Neigh: to not have

Temples: area beyond your eyes, but above your cheeks

Weed: and unwanted growth in a garden

Blows it out: to use a blow dryer for hair

Blonde: a person who has yellow hair

Blond: yellow hair

Revival: something that has come back, like a play, or a fashion

***********************************************************************************

Fill in the blanks with the above words.

My town puts on a play every year. This year it was decided that a_______________ was a great idea, I found it _______ that they wanted a _____________ to play the part of an old man. I always pictured an older person to have grey hair around their _____________.
They couldn't find a blonde to fit the part so they ordered a _________ wig. The actor playing the part had a beautiful _____________ to his hair. It was a shame to cover it up. I bet he takes hours to _____ ___ _______ every day. When I asked him about it he said, "________, I never let the heat touch my hair." To stuffy for me! But I am off for a haircut. My brown hair grows like a_________!!

2 comments:

  1. Why in heaven's name did she shave her head?
    My mom likes her hair pretty short and feels good when it is cut. I don't like getting my hair cut, but it doesn't look good long, so I get it cut about five times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purpose of this coco chanel online write-up is to give you an concept that it is costless to invest in these kinds of large priced hermes handbags online however you also get these higher good quality bags in similar significant top quality but louis vuitton wallets the major factor which tends to make a big difference is the selling price so discount designer cheap omega watches are the very best choice for you if you also wishes to took quality cheap christmas gifts with you.

    ReplyDelete