Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Where is the sun????


I am so sick and tired of all the precipitation. When will it end? I am reminded of an old joke, it goes something like this.


Nora: Wow, it is raining cats and dogs.
Emma: I know I just stepped into a poodle.


All kidding aside, I have empathy and sympathy for the many people who have flooded homes. I have to be careful not to do laundry, and to remind my family to take quick showers, but I thankfully have none of the real worries of so many that have water rushing into their homes.






An upbeat song may be from The Beatles, Here Comes the Sun...some times positive thinking is all we can do!
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,

and I say its alright

Little darling, it's been a long cold winter

Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here

Here comes the sun and I say it's all right


Little darling, the smiles returning to faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun

and I say it's all right


Sun, sun, sun here it comes...

Sun, sun, sun here it comes...

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Sun, sun sun, here it comes...

Sun, sun, sun here it comes...


Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting

Little darling, it feels like years since its been clear

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,

and I say it's all right

It's all right.



Definitions:

SICK AND TIRED: to be finished with, to not want any more

PRECIPITATION: water that falls from sky usually in the form of rain or snow, sometime hail.

REMINDED: to have a memory of an event or situation.

JOKE: a funny story, usually made up.

TO BE RAINING CATS AND DOGS: to be raining alot!!!

EMPATHY: to have strong feelings about something, because you have had a similar situation.

SYMPATHY: to have strong emotional feelings, usually about something sad.

FLOODED: to have something rushing in, in this case rain water.

WORRIES: serious concerns.

POSITIVE THINKING: good thoughts to help a situation.



FILL IN THE BLANKS:

Can you use the power of ______ _______ to help erase your _______? People may think it is a ______, but they can be __________ of stories where good thoughts really helped people during a bad situation. When it rains ________ and ________, some people don't need to be _______ to protect their homes. These people have been _________ before. They have ________ and ___________ for their friends and neighbors who may be dealing with flooded basements, and power outages. Positive thinking alone won't help your basement, hard work and prevention may help. But sometimes when enough people are ________ and tired_________ of the ________ they ban together to help each other out. That can be the power of positive thinking.


Grammar Point:

Think of 10 adjectives to describe the rain, and 10 adjectives to describe the sun.












1 comment:

  1. Haha, I had posted a blog praising our summer thundershowers. However, I only like the ones that last about fifteen minutes or so. I really like the songs that you post, they go so well with your themes. I am a big Beatles and Billy Joel fan, so the songs you choose are right up my ally.

    ReplyDelete