Wednesday, February 10, 2010

STEVIE WONDER & PAUL MCCARTNEY - EBONY & IVORY LYRICS





This song was written by Paul McCartney and performed by both he and Stevie Wonder.


"Ebony And Ivory live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard oh lord why don't we?

We all know that people are the same where ever you go
there is good and bad in everyone
we learn to live we learn to give each other what we need to survive together alive

Ebony and Ivory live together in perfect harmony
side by side on my piano keyboard oh lord why don't we?

Ebony,Ivory living in perfect harmony
Ebony,Ivory oh..

We all know that people are the same where ever you go
there is good and bad in everyone
we learn to live when we learn to give each other what we need to survive
together alive.

Ebony and Ivory live together in perfect harmony
side by side on my piano keyboard oh lord why don't we?
side by side on my piano keyboard oh lord why don't we?"

When this song came out it was very popular. I think mostly because of the artists that were involved.

The words that I want you to think about are:

ARTISTS
EBONY
IVORY
KEYBOARD
HARMONY
SURVIVE


Also who is Paul McCartney, and did he ever work with any other musicians?

*************************************************************************************
Artist: (noun) painter, sculptor, writer , who uses their talent and imagination to create works of fine art
Ebony: (noun) the color black
Ivory: (noun) a grayish yellow color; piano keys
Keyboard: (noun) a set of keys as on a computer, or piano
Harmony: (noun) agreement in feeling or opinion, or a musical combination of notes in a chord
Survive:(verb) to remain alive
Paul McCartney: musician who wrote most of the songs for The Beatles
www.thebeatles.com
*************************************************************************************
Fill in the blanks:

My _______________________ became dirty when my chocolate milk was knocked over. The
piano keys turned different colors. The ___________________ keys turned black, and
the ________________ keys became darker. I wonder if the famous _________________
____________________ ever had this problem. Well, hopefully the piano will still
play in __________________, if not I'll ___________________.

************************************************************************************
Grammar Point.

Now it is your turn......
Tell me if this song has more than one meaning, and what they are.

Find a song (that you like) about people or things that are in harmony. List 5 nouns from your song.

2 comments:

  1. Good work! Can you post a link to the song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to, but was unable. I will try to get a song for my next blog.

    ReplyDelete